Thursday, July 24, 2014

                                  The Day I was Back Home

I still remember the date. It was 22nd of November, 2013 and I dropped at the place which made me the person I am today, my Alma mater Don Bosco Academy.

I had not planned visiting my school while I left home that day. I was just passing by and from some were it came to me that why I don’t see my teachers. So I stopped and entered the gate. I can’t express the joy and happiness that I experienced that moment.

It was in February that year, our batch had passed out. I took admission in another school for my 10+2 but it was not a place like Bosco. The ten years I spent here has molded me into a man ready to face this competitive, selfish, unloving world.

Coming back to the memories of that day, the first person I met was Maya madam. Though she had never taught me but was happy seeing me and gave me a hug. Then I spent around an hour meeting my teachers and principal madam. They were all happy to know that I had opted to study humanities and were doing well. They all appreciated my decision to break a stereo type and choose to do something I love. They congratulated me on my first academic achievement that was my first win at an inter school Quiz competition which had happened the last week.

But the best complement that I received was from Alan sir. He was amused to hear how I missing the place and the teachers and how grateful I am to that place for the contribution in my life. With glittering eyes, he placed his hand on my head and said, “I hope we had more students like you”. It was the biggest praise I received on one of the most memorable days of my life.

Whenever I remember that day tears roll down my cheeks and remind me my duty to stand by the values I have learned from my mentors and friends at my second home. It inspires me to touch the zenith of success and my resolve my to serve the god and my country gets stronger.

                                   PROUD TO BE A BOSCOITE!!!


        

5 comments:

  1. Nice try..
    Still needs some mute corrections...
    Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Ankur well done and never forget your old and evergreen friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article Ankur.
    You did really well.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayati priya
    u need to go through these points to ehance its beauty;
    1 Express your feelings. you too admit that i can't express the joy and happiness. why? readers search for the answer.
    2 "the person i am today" should be replaced as we are at our developing stage. our dreams,and multiple aims are not fulfilled. we all need improvement as a student.
    3 the world is competitive. but u need to answer why it is selfish and unloving to you although u mention the love of your teachers.get a balance and appealing answer.
    4 last few lines needs re-evaluation and better expression. shahio sir will help in that.
    5 Some silly grammatical mistakes.
    thanks for rendering my suggestions. Ur article is overall good. it demands maturity and better expression to fulfill the zest of readers. To be honest i too need to work hard to give you better suggestions........

    ReplyDelete